LiteGait® is a gait training device that simultaneously controls weight bearing, posture, and balance over a treadmill or over ground. It creates an ideal environment for treating patients with a wide range of impairments and functional levels.
LiteGait® provides proper posture, reduces weight bearing, eliminates concerns for balance, and facilitates the training of coordinated lower extremity movement. Its unique harness design not only permits unilateral or bilateral support allowing progression of the weight-bearing load from non-to-full weight bearing, but also allows the clinician to manually assist the legs and pelvis to achieve proper gait patterns.
- Assist Posture, Balance and Weight Bearing
- Differential Control of Right vs. Left Side
- Train Gait under Fall-Free Conditions
- Wide Range of Patient Sizes and Impairments
- Fall-Free, Supported Walking
- Prevent Excessive Rotation
- Facilitate Hip Flexor Tension
- Mobile Design Goes from Room to Room
- Frees Therapist to Facilitate Walking
- Lift Patients of All Sizes from Sit to Stand
VitalStim® can help patients with Dysphagia.
Dysphagia is defined as difficulty with swallowing. It can occur as a result of a stroke or other neurological disease, normal aging or after a long period of inactivity. An estimated 15 million adults in the US currently suffer from dysphagia.
In the last few years, new treatment options have become available – especially the use of electrical stimulation. This exciting treatment tool, VitalStim® Therapy, is showing good outcomes in most patients with relatively few treatments. It is simple for certified clinicians to administer and is pain free for the patient.
Who Is A Typical Patient?
Typical patent categories include, but are not limited to:
Am I A Candidate For VitalStim® Therapy?
- Those that experienced a stroke
- De-conditioning as a result of age or co-morbidity
- Head and neck cancer (post radiation) and/or surgery
- Various neuromuscular disease processes (e.g., Parkinson’s, ALS, etc.)
If you show signs of aspiration or have difficulty managing your diet, you may be a candidate for dysphagia therapy. Look for one or more of the following signs and symptoms:
- Coughing/clearing throat after swallowing
- Decreased voice quality (wet, hoarse, weak)
- Multiple swallows or special maneuvers required to clear throat
- Feeling of food being stuck in the throat
- Difficulty initiating a swallow
- Abnormal volitional cough
- Recurring chest infections
- Difficulty completing a meal
- Modified diet required (thickening, pureeing food; soft solids)
- Spilling food or liquid from lips and/or drooling
Tecnobody is an exciting mobility/stability/balance product line from Italy which offers a suite of products which provide comprehensive training and assessment programs addressing the traditional controlled protocols and offering new “out of the box” capabilities.
The Tecnobody ISO-FREE is the world's first functional testing and training system for both controlled and free exercises incorporating the ability to recognize movements and balance for controlled and effective conscious and unconscious training. Engineered for sports medicine, rehabilitation and occupational therapy the ISO-FREE can accommodate users on a motion analysis and force platform in concert to record, check and/or correct movements, balance and posture.
ISO-FREE is an open and flexible system. Exercises that are: weight-free, require small equipment, or use free weights can be performed on this machine with unprecedented interaction.
New technology restores hand movement after a stroke.
SaeboFlex® gives stroke survivors the power to regain movement in hands once thought useless. Designed to help those with no hand function and limited arm movement, this revolutionary therapy is now available to you at Dignity Health East Valley Rehabilitation Hospital.
The SaeboFlex® is a custom fabricated orthosis that is non-electrically based and is purely mechanical. The SaeboFlex® positions the wrist and fingers into extension in preparation for functional activities. The user is able to grasp an object by voluntarily flexing his or her fingers. The extension spring system assists in re-opening the hand to release the object.
Saebo’s pioneering treatment principles are based on the latest advances in neurorehabilitation research documenting the brain’s ability to “re-program” itself through mass practice, task oriented arm training. The SaeboFlex® takes advantage of the most recent research by allowing patients to immediately begin using their hand for functional grasp and release activities. Individuals up to 20 years post neurological injury can benefit from the SaeboFlex®. In addition, the ability to use the hand in therapy and at home has been reported as extremely motivating during the recovery process.